top of page


Mortgages, Non-Lien Certificates and UCC Certificates are issued in the Mortgage Department.  All requests for certificates must be in writing as pursuant to Louisiana states.   Requests for certificates may be received through a fax.  If you do not have an account set up with the clerk's office, full payment is required upon request for certificates. 

Mortgage Certificates are issued by the department on a first come, first serve basis.  You must provide us with the name(s) you want to check, legal property description, and the number of years you want checked.  If a legal property description is not available, the information may be obtained by calling the Research Department at 337-394-2210, extension 1283.
A Mortgage Certificate, more correctly called a "Certificate of Non-Mortgage," is not a title opinion and makes no representation as to who might actually own the property described on the certificate.  Previously issued certificates may be "updated" by the department; however, the original certificate must be presented and must be less than one year old. 

Non Lien Certificates are also issued by the Mortgage Department.  As with mortgage certificates, the request must be in writing.  The request must include the name(s) you want checked, the date the contract was signed, and a brief description of the work. 

UCC Certificates are issued by the Mortgage Department as well.  The requests must be in writing on a Louisiana approved UCC-II form, one debtor name per request.  A Federal tax ID number should be provided; although, it is not yet required by statue.  The lack of a Federal tax ID number will impact the results of your UCC certificate. 

Cancellations pertaining to real estate loans and judgements not filed in a civil suit must be submitted to the Cancellation Clerk in the Recording Department.  Once the information contained in the Act of Cancellation or a Lost Note Affidavit is verified, then the mortgage is cancelled.  With almost no exceptions, the original promissory note must be presented with the Act of Cancellation once it has been marked PAID by the lender for cancellation.  UCC terminations must be prepared on a Louisiana approved form and may be sent directly to the Recording Department.

bottom of page